Adventure Sports Class
The Outdoor Adventure Sports class is the setting in which LLC students begin to learn within a cohort, develop a versatile skill set, and challenge themselves holistically. During the class, each student will cycle through three unique outdoor sports: climbing, mountain biking, outdoor living skills. The class is broken into three 3-week rotations during which students develop skills in each of the outdoor sports. After the three rotations, students choose one of four (we add paddling as a specialization option) sports to focus on during a required Fall Break trip.
- Three 3-week rotations followed by a specialization weekend (Fall Break weekend)
- Rotate through the sports with a cohort of students from the LLC (17 students)
- Weekend trips do not conflict with family weekend or home football games
- Class ends 4-5 weeks early in the semester to give students increased space to focus on academics
- All expenses of the weekend trips are covered in the program fee
- Listed as a Lifetime Fitness class, it will work toward all degree plans at Baylor